Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Yesterday's impulse buy - rotisserie chicken at Sam's Club. That got me thinking about what to do with the leftovers. I've seen a lot of posts recently about making red sauce, but I didn't have the powdered chile I needed. However, I did have powdered green chile! So, I went to work.

Ingredients:
A batch of Green Chile Sauce or Out-of-Season Green Chile Sauce. (Or other sauce of your preference).
Chicken breasts from one rotisserie chicken, cubed
Corn tortillas
1 lb block of cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Put thin layer of sauce in bottom of a 12x12" baking dish. Next layer your ingredients - tortillas (torn to fit), chicken, sauce, cheese. I made 3 layers, making sure to have enough sauce for a good covering - and enough cheese, too :)

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Chili Candied Bacon

Cabbage with Hot Bacon Dressing

Chicken Philly Cheesesteak