Avocado Tomato Salad



This is the perfect time of year for a nice, refreshing salad! Chuck and I discovered this years ago, and since I lost my recipe, I recreated it and figured the best way to keep from losing it was to share it here.

This recipe makes a meal-size salad for 2. Because of the avocados, leftovers really don't work. If you would like to beef it up a bit, you can add in diced, cooked bacon or cubed, cooked chicken. I make this into two bowls. It is easier to mix and keep the ingredients equitable.



Avocado Tomato Salad

1 ripe avocado, diced
2 cups Cherub tomatoes (or tomato of your choice), cut in half
1/2 c toasted pecans
4 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
3-4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
Ground pepper at the table

Divide ingredients into 2 bowls. Mix gently and serve with fresh ground pepper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Chili Candied Bacon

Cabbage with Hot Bacon Dressing

Chicken Philly Cheesesteak