Pumpkin Pancakes using Pamela's Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Mix

I went gluten free nearly a decade ago, and while I can now eat limited amounts of glutinous foods, I stay G-Free as much as reasonably possible. When I saw a package of Pamela's Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Mix in the grocery store, I did a double-take then quickly grabbed a bag - not even certain of how I would utilize it.

My husband (a.k.a. "the Pancake King") said "I'll figure out how to make pancakes." I checked the Pamela's site and was rather surprised to not see a a pancake recipe associated with the mix. So, the Pancake King went to work - and they were delicious! No pictures, though - we scarfed them up too quickly!

Pumpkin Pancakes using Pamela's Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Mix


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups Pamela's Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Mix
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
1 TBL oil
1 TBL vanilla
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Toasted pecans (save for after you pour batter)

Directions
Combine all ingredients (except pecans) and mix well. Heat griddle to medium heat (we used a cast iron griddle on "3"). Scoop out about 1/3 cup batter onto griddle. Sprinkle toasted pecans on top of batter. Let cook until edges are dry and you see air bubbles on top. Flip. Cook until done.

Serve with real butter and maple syrup.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Chili Candied Bacon

Cabbage with Hot Bacon Dressing

Chicken Philly Cheesesteak