Sweet 'n Spicy Coffee Rub

Ages ago I tried my first coffee rub and loved it. Since then I have made a couple of random batches but never kept the recipe. I kinda tend to make things up as I go along. This time I kept track! I am using it tonight on baked chicken, but it would work equally well on pork or beef (notice, I didn't say "steak" because I rarely use a run on steak...but maybe the next time we make skirt steak...).

I probably would have added onion powder, as well - except I didn't have any and didn't feel like running to the grocery store. The granulated garlic was a discovery at a spice shop in Santa Fe - it is amazing! I love the combination of using ancho and chipotle peppers. This time I used kind of a generic paprika, but next time I'll probably go with a spicier one...we'll see.



Sweet 'n Spicy Coffee Rub

1/4 cup ground coffee
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon Ancho chile powder
1 tablespoon Chipotle chile powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon ground pepper
2 tablespoons sea salt
1 tablespoon roasted garlic granules (can use garlic powder)

Mix well and store in a tightly sealed jar. Use on chicken, beef, pork or whatever sounds good. You can adjust the spiciness by using more or less chili powder - or different varieties.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Chili Candied Bacon

Cabbage with Hot Bacon Dressing

Chicken Philly Cheesesteak