Guava Margarita

Sure, I've heard of guavas before, but prior to picking up my Bountiful Basket yesterday, I had no idea what one looked like. Thank goodness one had a sticker on it!
Yup - unlike most I saw online, our guavas were white fleshed. No problemo.

It took a bit of internet research to figure out what to do with it. I tried eating it raw - just slice and chow down. The flavor was good...the seeds that stick in and in-between our teeth were not. Further searching on Pinterest led me to some guava margarita recipes. So, I looked around a bit then decided to go for it.

I started out by using this resource to guide me in making my guava nectar: http://www.instructables.com/id/Guava-Juice/

From there, we decided to wing it, and here is what we came up with:

Guava Margarita


2 shots guava nectar
2 shots tequila
1 shot orange curacao
2 shots margarita mix

Add the ingredients to a tall glass. Mix well, and add ice.

No, I don't have any pictures of the completed product...we were more concerned with quality control ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Chili Candied Bacon

Cabbage with Hot Bacon Dressing

Chicken Philly Cheesesteak