Leftover ham?

You might be finding yourself with some leftover holiday ham about now. Or, if you are like me, you purposely purchased a larger-than-life ham with visions of leftovers dancing in your head. I shared my version of black eyed peas in my last blogpost.

Another recipe I recently found and fell in love with is  Cream Cheese Potato Ham Soup. Amazing barely describes this soup (and I have the appropriate amount of ham tucked away in the freezer to make this again when Chuck returns from his work travels).

Years ago I had devised my version of deviled ham, but it has been a while since we bought a ham, so we probably haven't had any since before I moved here. It was time to break it out, update it a bit and whip some up.



This is a super-easy recipe that makes enough for a few meals.



Deviled Ham

1 ½ cup ham, chopped
1/2'” thick slice of red onion roughly chopped (or 2 green onions, chopped)
¼ c mayonnaise
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
about ½ tsp hot sauce of choice

Put everything in food processor.  Blend.  


You can blend it to the degree of fineness you prefer. I could have gone a bit longer, but we like it with a little substance to it.


We enjoy it on crackers, as you can see. However we were just talking about slicing some sourdough bread rather thin, spreading a layer of deviled ham, topping it with a slice of Swiss cheese then running it under the broiler.

We'll be taking some for lunch tomorrow...along with some goat cheese we picked up at the Carlsbad Winter Wine Festival. 
Bring on the new year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Chili Candied Bacon

Cabbage with Hot Bacon Dressing

Chicken Philly Cheesesteak