Chuck's Peachy Faux-jitos

With our summer program launching, I found myself putting in long hours and arriving home very worn out. How amazing was it that my Sweetie greeted me at the door with a blueberry mojito! As the week progressed, however, I gained evening responsibilities. The mojito was out of the question, but we still wanted something to sip on while we chatted and unwound a bit. 

Chuck to the rescue!


Yes! It was as delicious and refreshing as it looks. And since I hadn't done a wonderful job of hydrating, I kind of guzzled the first glass. But since he'd made a pitcher, I got a second glass. It definitely helped me revive and go back up for my evening duties.

Interested? Here you go!

Chuck's Peachy Faux-jitos
(makes one pitcher)

~ 40 mint leaves
2 limes
1 peach, sliced
1/3 cup sugar
3 cups cold soda water
ice

Rinse the mint leaves, and place leaves (no stems) into pitcher.

Slice lime into sections and add about 2/3 into the pitcher. Using a muddler (or wooden spoon, if you don't have a muddler), crush the mint leaves and squish the juice out of the limes.

Next add the rest of the limes, all but a couple of peach slices, and the sugar. Continue muddling along until the juice is extracted from the limes. Add in some ice and the soda water. Stir gently, so as not to get the soda water too excited. Pour into glasses that are about 1/2 full of ice. Add in a bit of lime, a slice or two of peaches, and some mint leaves to make it pretty.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Chili Candied Bacon

Cabbage with Hot Bacon Dressing

Chicken Philly Cheesesteak